- Dr Nilesh N Goyal is a Mumbaikar who was born in a nursing home at Tardeo and grew up in the leafy suburb of Chembur. His education began with schooling at General Education Academy, Chembur and Junior College at SIES College, Sion. Throughout his early education, he showed a keen interest in the science subjects which helped him take up Medicine as a career.
- He graduated from Topiwala National Medical College and BYL Nair Hospital, Bombay Central, Mumbai. Since his medical school days, he dreamt of starting a unique dermatology clinic that catered to the cosmetic concerns in addition to curing skin ailments. He took up dermatology as a postgraduate specialization at Lokmanya Tilak Municipal Medical College & Hospital, Sion. Here he met his mentor and teacher in Dr HR Jerajani who continues to be his guiding force in life. The zeal to get trained in dermatosurgery was duly recognized by his mentor who encouraged him to take up the challenge of going to the UK to train in dermatology.
- The journey to becoming a dermatologist in UK started with initial training in General Medicine and having the MRCP UK. The motivation to take up dermatology and learn dermatosurgery was too strong to deter him from the goal. Dr Goyal went through the rigorous 3 year training programme in Medicine doing emergencies and ward rounds. At the end of a particularly grueling exam, he was awarded the MRCP UK from the Royal College of Physicians, London.
- He took up dermatology as a specialization at Royal Liverpool & Broadgreen University Hospitals, Liverpool, UK. There he underwent courses and training to acquire skills of a dermatologic surgeon.
- The lure of cosmetic dermatology soon caught up with Dr Nilesh N Goyal. It took him to the University of Miami, Florida, USA for a fellowship in Cosmetic Dermatology under Dr Leslie Baumann. Here he was introduced to the concept of beauty and the various means to enhance it for an individual. He became a Fellow of the American Academy of Dermatology and American Society for Dermatologic Surgery (First Indian Dermatologist).
- Dr Nilesh N Goyal got introduced to Hair Restoration at the Fellowship in Miami. He returned back to Toronto, Canada to get trained in Hair Restoration Surgery under Dr Robert Jones who is a practicing Hair Surgeon for the last 15 years. Since then, he has been doing Hair Transplantation from his clinic.
- An extension of beauty is not only to have a wonderful skin but also to be in perfect shape. This got Dr Nilesh N Goyal to train in Lipo Body Sculpting under Dr Jeffrey Klein at San Juan Capistrano near Los Angeles, USA. Lipobodysculpting with this safe and highly effective technique is now being offered for the first time in India by Dr Nilesh N Goyal.
- Dr Nilesh N Goyal believes that every individual has a unique skin type (one of sixteen types known to dermatologists) and that there is need to use the right cosmetic as per the skin type. Hence, it is of utmost need that the dermatologist has a sound knowledge of Cosmetics. He has acquired the Diploma in Cosmetic Science from the Society of Cosmetic Scientists, UK (First Indian Dermatologist). He continues to be a member of the Society of Cosmetic Scientists which keeps him updated with the latest knowhow on Cosmetics formulation and research.
- Dr. Goyal has become Course Director of Lipo Body Sculpting for DASIL. He heads a team of International Masters of Lipo Body Sculpting which trains Dermatologist across the world in the nuances of this procedure.
- Dr. Goyal offers a world class service at Juvenis Clinic, Santacruz (W), Mumbai. He is a Consultant Cosmetic Dermatologist & Hair Specialist at Bombay Hospital, Lilavati Hospital & Juvenis.
Dr. Nilesh N. Goyal
MRCP UK, DNB (Derm & Ven), DVD, SCS (UK) Dip
With Dr. L Baumann
With Dr J Klein
With Dr R Jones